The Mission of the Nevada Recovery Network is to provide an organized and unified voice for the Mental Health and Addiction Recovery community, our family members, friends and allies in Recovery.
We join and work together to provide support, cooperation, collaboration, advocacy, while networking to all stakeholders in health and wellness for individuals in recovery with Mental Health and Addictions.
Founded in 2017 The Nevada Recovery Network was established to provide support, cooperation, collaboration, advocacy and networking for all stakeholders in health and wellness for individuals in recovery with Mental Health and Addictions.
Healthcare professionals, faith leaders, social service workers and agencies all have a role and stake in building recovery capital for persons in need of support. Individuals with Mental Health and Addiction challenges, their peers, friends, family and all of their allies in the community are embraced and are vital lifeblood of the Network.
Evidence shows that adequate access to peer services, coaching, volunteering and mentorship programs will result in increased health for consumers, improve use of health care, will decrease overall healthcare costs, and reduces recidivism.
We are a statewide network that will give a unified voice to local communities in the state of Nevada by fostering and growing consumer-directed services based.
Our focus is to build a statewide network of peer-run programs to facilitate the sharing of promising ideas, policies, practices and procedures. We will help Nevada increase peer involvement in evaluating the state’s policies, planning, and programs, while ensuring a strong voice for peers and their needs for long-term recovery.
We will inspire people working at the state level, in each county, and various tribes to learn together and co-create human services that are increasingly effective, innovative, and live changing.
What Can the Network Accomplish?
- 100% Sharing ideas, success stories, challenges faced and innovations 100%
- 100% Provide and receive mutual support; gaining perspectives from all areas of the state 100%
- 100% Advocate and negotiate among policy makers, organization administrators and other stakeholders for the creation and expansion of peer service programs across the state. 100%
- 100% Extend mental health’s empowerment motto, “Nothing about us without us,” to the Nevada Recovery Network and it’s members. 100%
- 100% Strengthen the voices of mental health consumers, family members and youth, and individuals in addiction recovery at the state and local level. 100%
- 100% Identify systems issues of importance to the peer community, and create strategies for policy and service delivery improvements. 100%
- 100% Collaborate across mental health and addiction recovery communities to increase opportunities to leverage community-based funding. 100%
- 100% Identify and serve training and technical assistance needs within the state 100%
- 100% Collaborate to develop comprehensive local resource directories for persons seeking or in recovery from addiction and mental health conditions (including medication-assisted treatment, faith-based options, housing and other complementary approaches). 100%
- 100% Encourage public education about mental health and addiction recovery. 100%
OUR NETWORK PARTNERS